Chocolate cookies are good, don’t get me wrong, but you add a bit of coconut in there and POW – you have yourself a cookie!! There is something about coconut that makes you feel like you’re on holiday even though it’s freezing outside. Just try them, I promise you will LOVE them.
You will need:
- 225g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 110g light brown soft sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 280g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 335g chocolate chips (I used a chocolate bar that I cut into chunks but it is up to you)
- 150g desiccated coconut
All you need to do is:
- Preheat your oven to 190C / Gas 5.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until you have a light, fluffy, beige mixture. Beat in your eggs one at a time and then add your vanilla (it helps to have everything measured out and ready to go).
- Next you will need to stir in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Then fold in your chocolate chips or chunks and your coconut.
- Pop rounded spoon-fulls of your mixture onto a baking sheet making sure to leave plenty of space between cookies (I did extra big cookies so used a tablespoon to scoop out my mixture).
- Bake your cookies for 8 to 10 minutes but keep an eye on them because there are seconds between a perfect cookie and a burnt one.
- Make sure you leave your cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes because transferring them to a wire rack.
And there you go! We suggest arranging them nicely, sprinkling some extra coconut over the top, popping your shades on and sitting in the garden while munching away at a cookie and dreaming of the Bahamas!!